Transportation in a metro city is a major issue for the Government of Telangana, and Hyderabad is not an exception to this rule. Keeping this in view, the Hyderabad Metro Rail is being developed as one of the largest modern transport systems in the world based upon the PPP model.
Forecasting the requirements of ensuring a well-modulated transport system, the Government of India has in its futuristic reform document focused upon a strategy that would promote fast- paced growth that would bring about equitable and sustainable improvements in the overall living standards of the citizens.
The main idea behind the concept of Metro Rail is to make sure commuters reach on time to work and not delayed on account of lack of rapid transport. Growing urbanisations has led to innumerable problems for commuters who are delayed on account of traffic jams. Metro Rail will allow them to bypass these traffic congestion barriers.
The driving force for conceptualizing Metro Rail in Hyderabad is on account of a dire need for an eco-friendly, solid and quick transport that would withstand the growing demands of an urban city like Hyderabad which is on the way of becoming a popular global destination.
Building and maintaining top class skills and capability is a top priority for the global railway industry.
And this is the very reason for the establishment of the Metro Academy.
With access to unrivalled knowledge of Melbourne’s metropolitan railway and backed by Hong Kong’s MTR, which is arguably the best engineered railway in the world, the Metro Academy offers Australia’s railway workers and contractors access to superior training opportunities.
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering both nationally recognised units of competence and purpose built non-accredited training programs, the Metro Academy is well positioned to provide the industry with fit for purpose training solutions.RTO # 40535, Metro Trains Melbourne
Rail Safety Courses
- Train Track Safety Awareness (TTSA)
- Metro Contractor Safety Recertification Course (MCSR)
- Lookout Renewal
- Handsignaller Renewal
- Track Force Protection Coordinator (TFPC) Level 3.1
- Track Force Protection Coordinator (TFPC) Renewal Level 3.1
- Track Force Protection Coordinator (TFPC) Level 3.2
- Track Force Protection Coordinator (TFPC) Renewal Level 3.2
- Track Force Protection Coordinator (TFPC) Level 3.3
- Track Force Protection Coordinator (TFPC) Renewal Level 3.3
- Track Vehicle Operator (TVO1)
Click here for a full details of Rail Safety Courses.
Rail Skills Courses
- Construction Induction (White Card)
- Apply Fatigue Management Strategies
- Manual Handling
- Maintain and Use Hand Tools
- Follow Occupational Health & Safety Procedures
- Apply Environmental Procedures to Rail Infrastructure
- Coping with Trauma
- Support after Trauma
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Safety Leadership
Click here for a full details of Rail Skills Courses.
Leadership & Management Courses
- Facilitating Meetings
- Instinctive Leadership
- The Power of Teams
- Priority Management
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers
- Facilitating Change
- Presentation Skills
- BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Basic Workplace Communication
- Developing a Business Case
- Leadership Essentials
- Project Management Fundamentals
Click here for a full details of Leadership & Management Courses.
- Equal Employment Opportunity for Managers and Supervisors – Online
- Equal Employment Opportunity for Employees – Online
- Bullying and Harassment for Managers and Supervisors – Online
- Bullying and Harassment for Employees – Online
Click here for a full details of E-Learning Courses.
Rail Industry Worker News & Updates
A feature has been set up so contractors can register to be notified about news & updates from all rail operators.
Click here to register for Rail Industry Worker news & updates.
RIW 24/7 Support
If you have an issue with the RIW APP or your require desktop support or in need of competency validation, please contact 1300 131 194.
If you’re calling to log a fault please ensure your take note of the job number and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org so the Metro competency team can monitor the fault progress.
RIW APP Instructions
Access to the RIW APP is limited to those roles who need to check competencies. For Metro this is all Track Force Protection Coordinators and all Project roles. If you hold one of these roles contact Onsite on 1300 777 245 for a username and password, then click on one of the following links to set up your mobile device.
Rail Safety Worker Competence
This is Metro’s rail safety worker competency information centre.
If you have any questions relating to this information, please email email@example.com.
This information centre summarises Metro’s competency management system by detailing all rail safety worker tasks and the competencies necessary to complete these essential railway tasks.
Business Rules and Procedures
1994 Book of Rules
To view the 1994 Book of Rules, click here.
Competency Matrices and Supporting Documentation
Signals Statements of Competency
Engineering & Design Statements of Competency & Supporting Documentation
Metro Academy Services
MTM RIW Competency Management Service
With access to unrivalled knowledge of MTM’s competency requirements and of the Onsite system MTM are offering Victorian railway workers and contracting companies a superior RIW management service.
Our Core Services
We offer a full range of competency management services to assist you in meeting your obligations under the Rail Safety National Law, summary service includes:
- Businesses: Our on-site assistance service puts one of our experts into your business to assist with the day-to-day competence management by providing mentoring, training and support; we will help your business reach its full compliance requirement by managing your workforce compliance. We can provide 100% set up and ongoing maintenance of your RIW requirements
- Individuals: We offer one on one coaching to help enable you to reach your compliance goals or we can provide 100% set up and ongoing maintenance of your RIW requirements
Our customisable services include
- Registering on the RIW system
- On boarding of new contractors
- Transferring contractors between companies
- RIW compliance & role reporting
- Expiry reporting
- Role selection
- Uploading documentation
- Gap assessment / Training needs analysis
- Notifications & updates
- Priority access due to card delays
- Site association
- Assessment of your contractor role(s)
- Identify which competencies are relevant for the required work
- Assist with getting you or your employees through any required training with minimal disruption to work.
Charges will be dependent on levels of support required
If you have any questions relating to this information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to for complete details MTM Rail Industry Worker Competency Management Service.
The Platform is Metro Academy’s new way to search, book and pay for training. During the transition period if you have any queries, please contact Metro Academy via email email@example.com or telephone 9610 3701.
If you are a first time user to The Platform, please click here to register.
If you have used The Platform before, please click here to log on.
|Remember:||Your username = your email address|
Your password = what you set when you first registered
For Terms and Conditions, click here.