Sales cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
As a sales representative, you need to be persuasive in order to seal the deal—that includes when you want to get a job. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top sales jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about sales careers and search for sales jobs on Monster.
Sales representative cover letter template
Sometown, FL 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Ms. Rita Jones
VP of Sales
55 East Second Street
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Territory Sales Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
As your next territory sales manager, my focus and energy will be directed toward achieving the same multimillion-dollar growth for your southeast territory that I have delivered for my current and former employers.
I am a dedicated sales professional with experience propelling my assigned regions to record-setting revenue results. I oversee top-producing salesforces; multi-state territories; and retail, wholesale and distributer channels.
In my present role as sales territory manager at XYZ Company as well as in earlier sales positions, I have consistently met or exceeded quotas and expectations. For example, I have:
- Closed $6.8M in 2017 (20% above goal) to achieve a new territory record in overall sales volume at XYZ Company.
- Ranked in the top 5% of sales professionals company-wide throughout my career, including #1 revenue and market-share honors out of 100 colleagues nationwide during my tenure with DEF Company.
- Expanded account base by 23% during a time when industry sales declined by 10%.
Regarded as an expert in consultative sales, account management and salesforce development, I am driven to sell, enjoy teaching others how to sell and take pride in serving my customers and channel partners with excellence.
I look forward to discussing plans for generating new business opportunities within ABC’s southeast territory, and I have some ideas I would like to share with you. The best way to reach me is my cell (555-555-5555) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time!
Company:The Random House Group Limited
Are you looking for your first step into a motivated and passionate sales team?
We have an opportunity for a Sales Assistant to join the Penguin International and Group Sales team and to provide effective administrative support to the department. This role would be to support our European sales team but is based in our Vauxhall Bridge office in Central London.
This is a varied and busy support role – no two days will be the same and you’ll need to be able to think quickly on your feet! The job includes liaising with customers and dealing promptly with their queries; assisting managers with trip preparation – including creating and collating order forms for packs; and general administrative assistance.
- Deal with ad hoc e-mail queries and responding to day-to-day customer sales queries received from Eastern Europe, Central and Southern Europe and the Nordic countries
- Provide administrative support for the Sales managers; running Business Objects, B3 and vista reports. Collating sales information for both internal and customer meetings, trips and book fairs.
- Order management: following up on orders including stock checking and order checking
- Working closely with the sales managers, our operations team and with TBS (customer services) about any customer issues
- Weekly reporting to line manager on workload and priority tasks
- Prepare sales materials for trips and book fairs and provide follow-up material and information to meetings
- Provide office cover for Sales Manager when on sales trips and at book fairs.
- Liaise with the travel company to book flights and arrange overseas accommodation and visas
- Look after diaries; arrange meetings and book meeting rooms
We are seeking a highly organised, proactive individual with excellent administrative skills and the ability to manage a busy workload and pick up new systems quickly. The ideal candidate will have an interest in sales and an awareness of international markets.You'll need a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, and previous office experience and foreign languages might be an advantage, although are not a pre-requisite.
If you are interested please apply with a CV and covering letter telling us why you’re perfect for the role and why the opportunity is of interest to you. The deadline for applications is Monday 19th March.
We partner with The Book Trade Charity who offer financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking internships. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org.